Updated on November 6, 2018
Tendring Independent Advisory Group
In recent years Independent Advisory Groups (IAGs) have been set up across the country to assist local police services improve their understanding of the communities they serve, a need identified in the Stephen Lawrence Inquiry Report. This improved understanding then assists the police serve those communities more effectively. Tendring Independent Advisory Group was established in 2017.
Purpose of the Group
The IAG is a strategic partnership group that seeks to enable and improve cohesive two-way communications between Tendring Police and the diverse communities within the District, with the aim of driving service improvement and building positive relationships.
It does this by:
- Providing a forum for on-going, open dialogue with people who are independent of the police and may not otherwise have opportunities to express their opinions on local policing and related issues.
- Facilitating and encouraging the expression of a range of potentially diverse views, reflecting individual perspectives on the issues affecting specific groups and communities.
- Enabling the police to receive guidance and constructive challenge on policy, procedures and practices, in particular, the impact of policing on different communities.
- Informing the development of police policies and practices so that they do not disadvantage any section of the community through lack of understanding or mistaken beliefs.
- Identifying trends, concerns and sharing best practice.
- Enabling the police to communicate quickly and effectively with community groups during and following emergency incidents such as terrorist attacks.
- Attend regular IAG meetings – 4 per year.
- Provide constructive feedback to the Police about a given topic.
- Assistance with local information being disseminated to and gathered from local communities.
- Be motivated, enthusiastic and able to communicate in a calm, constructive manner.
It is essential that all members are either from or represent a community within Tendring.
NEXT MEETING -31ST JANUARY 2019 4.00-6.00PM
ALBERT EDWARD HALL, LEGERTON DRIVE , CLACTON ON SEA, CO16 8BW
For queries regarding the Tendring IAG, please contact Anastasia Simpson, Vice Chair, Tendring IAG on (01255) 686324 or via e mail firstname.lastname@example.org To read the poster click here