Roger Hirst, the Police and Crime Commissioner for Essex, wants to hear your views on the priorities for policing, crime prevention and community safety in our county. The seven proposed priorities are:
- More local, visible and accessible policing.
- Crack down on anti-social behaviour.
- Be tough on domestic abuse.
- Reverse the trend in serious violence.
- Tackle gangs and organised crime.
- Protect children and vulnerable people from harm.
- Improve safety on our roads.
There are also a series of proposed commitments linked to each of these priorities. Do you agree these are the correct priorities for Essex?
You can have your say by reading the draft Police and Crime Plan and taking an online survey here: http://www.essex.pcc.police.uk/police-and-crime-plan-2016-engagement-and-online-survey/ Sending an email: [email protected] Or writing to: Police and Crime Commissioner for Essex 3 Hoffmanns Way Chelmsford Essex CM1 1GU
The engagement process for the new Police and Crime Plan will end on October 7, 2016. An updated Police and Crime Plan will be taken to the Police and Crime Panel for their final comments at the end of October.
It is anticipated that the new Police and Crime Plan for Essex will come into effect in early November 2016.