In recent years Independent Advisory Groups (IAGs) have been set up across the country to assist local police services improve their understanding of the communities they serve, a need identified in the Stephen Lawrence Inquiry Report. This improved understanding then assists the police serve those communities more effectively. Tendring Independent Advisory Group was established in 2017.
Purpose of the Group
The IAG is a strategic partnership group that seeks to enable and improve cohesive two-way communications between Tendring Police and the diverse communities within the District, with the aim of driving service improvement and building positive relationships.
It does this by:
- Providing a forum for on-going, open dialogue with people who are independent of the police and may not otherwise have opportunities to express their opinions on local policing and related issues.
- Facilitating and encouraging the expression of a range of potentially diverse views, reflecting individual perspectives on the issues affecting specific groups and communities.
- Enabling the police to receive guidance and constructive challenge on policy, procedures and practices, in particular, the impact of policing on different communities.
- Informing the development of police policies and practices so that they do not disadvantage any section of the community through lack of understanding or mistaken beliefs.
- Identifying trends, concerns and sharing best practice.
- Enabling the police to communicate quickly and effectively with community groups during and following emergency incidents such as terrorist attacks.
- Attend regular IAG meetings – 4 per year.
- Provide constructive feedback to the Police about a given topic.
- Assistance with local information being disseminated to and gathered from local communities.
- Be motivated, enthusiastic and able to communicate in a calm, constructive manner.
It is essential that all members are either from or represent a community within Tendring.
NEXT MEETING -31ST JANUARY 2019 4.00-6.00PM
ALBERT EDWARD HALL, LEGERTON DRIVE , CLACTON ON SEA, CO16 8BW
For queries regarding the Tendring IAG, please contact Anastasia Simpson, Vice Chair, Tendring IAG on (01255) 686324 or via e mail email@example.com To read the poster click here
Posted on November 1, 2018
Bentley Green Players
At St Mary’s Church Parish Hall
Saturday 17th November 2018
Arrive at 7.30 pm for 7.45 pm start
Mulled Wine and Mince Pies
Shall be available
Tickets £6.50 each
available from Deli-licious
Or ring Peter Harry 07503 153960
To see the poster click here
Posted on November 1, 2018
At Great Bentley Village Hall
on November 8 at 7.30 pm.
Members £2, non-members £3.
All interested persons welcome
Great Bentley History Society.
Please be advised that we will be carrying out resurfacing work to the A120 westbound carriageway and central reserve approaching the new roundabout.
We will be closing the A120 westbound between Horsley Cross roundabout and the junction with the A133 between 9pm and 5am from Wednesday 31 October for five nights.
These closures will take place on weeknights only between 9pm and 5am with a clearly signed diversion route.
During these closures, road users will be diverted from Horsley Cross roundabout via the B1035, B1033 and A133 back to the A120.
Find out more and contact us
To receive a weekly update of our planned works, please email ‘subscribe’ to Area6Comms@osborne.co.uk. You can unsubscribe at any time using the same email address.If you have any enquiries please contact the Highways England Customer Contact Centre on 0300 123 5000, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.We apologise for any inconvenience caused and thank you for your patience while we deliver these essential works.
Posted on October 28, 2018