Welcome to the second community briefing from the Gift of Care campaign, an Essex County Council led initiative to support recruitment into adult social care.
In this edition:
- Job fairs
- ‘Be the reason…’ promotional campaign.
We all know people, who know people. Help us, help others.
Invite your networks and members of your community to a Gift of Care Jobs Fair.
- Monday, 6 March, 10am to 2pm at Maldon District Council Offices, CM9 5DL
- Saturday, 11 March, 9am to 12 noon at Braintree Town Hall, CM7 3YG
- Saturday, 18 March, 9am to 12 noon at Saffron Walden Town Hall, CB10 1HR
- Saturday 25 March, 9.30am-12.30pm at the United Reformed Church Hall, Great Dunmow, CM6 1BH
- Thursday 30 March, 10am-2pm at The Princes Theatre, Clacton, CO15 1SE
Tickets can be booked via www.essexgiftofcare.org.uk
‘Be the reason…’ promotional campaign
Last November Essex County Council launched the Gift of Care campaign to change perceptions of working in adult social care and to support recruitment into the sector. ECC is working in partnership with district councils, care providers and other agencies and two job fairs were held before Christmas.
Our message for phase II, promoting the March job fairs, is ‘Be the reason… ‘ and the faces of the campaign represent some examples of care and support workers and the role they play in people’s lives, such as enabling someone to go out, have a chat or a hot meal or to feel safe.
Why get involved?
Care providers advertise approximately 450 vacancies every month in Essex. Your district has a high demand for care and support services and high vacancy levels. By reaching out to local people to fill those vacancies you are helping improve employment and quality of care in your community and helping to take pressure off health services.
Diverse roles are available with opportunities for part time, full time and flexible working. Full training will be given. Members of your community could make a significant difference by helping others in a rewarding and satisfying role.
We all know people, who know people.
- Who do you know who is good with people and a good communicator?
- Which members of your community inherently care and look after others?
- Which members of your community would like flexibility around when they work?
Support the campaign on social media #giftofcare
- Follow us at facebook.com/giftofcare and like, comment on and share our posts.
- Find and follow Essex County Council on Facebook (@Essex_CC), Twitter (@Essex_CC), LinkedIn and Google+ to like, share and comment on Be the Reason posts using the hashtag #giftofcare.
- Create your own posts on social media about your support for the campaign and events you attend. Add #giftofcare and tag @Essex_CC so that we can see and share your posts too.