New National Restrictions from 5 November COVID-19 case numbers are rising rapidly across the whole of the UK and in other countries. We must act now to control the spread of the virus. The single most important action we can all take, in fighting coronavirus, is to stay at home, to protect the NHS and save lives.
That is why, from Thursday 5 November until Wednesday 2 December, the Government is taking the following action:
• Requiring people to stay at home, except for specific purposes.
• Preventing gathering with people you do not live with, except for specific purposes.
• Closing certain businesses and venues.
Until Thursday 5 November, the relevant Local Covid Alert Level measures will continue to apply in the area where you live. From Thursday the national restrictions replace the local restrictions in your area.
STAY AT HOME This means you must not leave or be outside of your home except for specific purposes. These include:
• for childcare or education, where this is not provided online
• for work purposes, where your place of work remains open and where you cannot work from home (including if your job involves working in other people’s homes)
• to exercise outdoors or visit an outdoor public place – with the people you live with, with your support bubble or, when on your own, with 1 person from another household (children under school age, as well as those dependent on round-the-clock care, such as those with severe disabilities, who are with their parents will not count towards the limit on two people meeting outside).
• for any medical concerns, reasons, appointments and emergencies, or to avoid or escape risk of injury or harm – such as domestic abuse
• shopping for basic necessities, for example food and medicine, which should be as infrequent as possible
• to visit members of your support bubble or provide care for vulnerable people, or as a volunteer
- Link to NHS information – the first port of call for the public
- Link to the latest Government information and advice
- Link to Great Bentley Community Support Group GBSupport for local help & support
Click ‘News’ tab to see messages and links regarding Community Support, Health, Business Support, messages from ECC, TDC, TCVS and other organisations